SMRT is accepting resumes for candidates with outstanding character, commitment, and ability for an engineering position in our Structural Engineering group.
Individuals in this role develop and use a broad range of skills on projects ranging from small renovations to large-scope new construction in a fast-paced, friendly environment. The successful candidate will be expected to
– Perform a wide range of structural engineering analysis and design tasks in steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures.
– Assist in site investigations to document existing conditions.
– Complete and review design calculations.
– Assist in the preparation of drawings and specifications.
– Provide assistance to senior staff during the construction administration phase of projects.
– Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, building officials, other consultants and project team members throughout the design phases.
– Apply building, reference, and material codes.
Education and Other Requirements:
PE license, plus 6 years or more experience
Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering
Familiarity with computer analysis software (RISA, RAM, Tekla Structural Designer, SBEDS)
Strong communication skills
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
Ability to work in a team environment
Valid driver’s license